Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Top Five Reasons “Obama vs. Assault Weapons” Interests Me!


I think the right wing gun fanatics have outdone themselves with the ad: Obama Vs. Assault Weapons! I love guns and as long as the police have them, I think it’s quite alright for you and me to as well (sorry to any cops reading this—I presume my readers are not thugs like you and would never shoot you unless it was an act of self-defense). So, in this top 5 list, I’d like to point out why this ad turns me on, terrifies me, and ultimately reveals the real bomb this nation’s sitting on.


1) Obama Vs. Assault Weapons is truly hot! I’m not sure which gets me harder—shirtless, grimacing Obama or this AK, Kalashnikov, or whatever the hell this gun is. I’d love to feel either the man or the weapon firmly in my hands!


2) This is a first-rate portrait of Right-Wing, Gun-Toting, White Power homoerotic fantasy. You can tell the NRA artist is totally turned on by the president. The difference between me and the artist is that he doesn’t get why he’s hard. He thinks it’s just the gun.


3) What’s scary about this ad is the obvious dialectic established.


Thesis (Obama, a black president that hates guns)

+

Antithesis (White Power Assault Weapons, hot, patriotic, and much deadlier than the president…well, we’ll see how Afghanistan goes…)

=

Synthesis (Either Obama will destroy the assault weapon or the assault weapon will destroy him).


I’m sorry but when my friends get screwed for wearing Arabic on their shirts, shouldn’t these Gun Source people be detained by the Secret Service? (Not that I like the Secret Service…I wish they didn’t exist…In fact, I wish presidents didn’t exist…and if the Secret Service is reading…I don’t condone murdering people...Nor do I condone your job nor the job of the President.)


4) Do the Right really think Obama has a campaign tattoo on his Left Bicep?


5) This image represents a stewing conflict. If the president is assassinated, the race war simmering since the Founding Fathers celebrated freedom while owning slaves will erupt into a full boil and overflow this melting pot. Trust me. My cracker Uncle says so.


My Conclusion


To the White Power Scumbags arming themselves to defend Dixie: guess what, you’re not the only ones ready to fight and your hard-on reveals your true desires!

6 comments:

Dimensio said...

It is most unfortunate that a number of individuals choose to oppose unreasonable firearms restrictions, such as an "assault weapons ban", through inflammatory rhetoric rather than an intelligent and rational discussion and explanations of the inherent irrationality of such a restriction and a demonstration of the dishonesty of advocates of such legislation. Directly insulting individuals known to support such legislation, as some organizations have done, can create the impression in neutral observers that there exist no rational objectiens to such unreasonable measures, and will do nothing to show how the claims made by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and other gun control advocacy organizations regarding "assault weapons" are demonstrable lies.

~ FluxRostrum said...

I want one of those... just not sure which one ... '~)

Dimensio said...

The firearm displayed appears to be a FN FS2000. It is rather obviously not a Kalashnikov-style firearm; the bullpup design alone should be sufficient to make such an erroneous identification impossible.

Professional Couch Potato said...

Thanks for your remarks Dimensio. I'm not sure I'm the biggest supporter of the rational nor federally granted "rights," but I see your point. And regarding weapon identification, its certainly not my specialty. If you asked me to identify a particular avant-garde filmmakers work based on aesthetic style, I could do that. But a gun? I just know they're fun to shoot!

Dimensio said...

Thanks for your remarks Dimensio. I'm not sure I'm the biggest supporter of the rational nor federally granted "rights," but I see your point.

Rights are not "granted". Rights exist until explicitly regulated or prohibited, and there may exist certain legal restrictions upon the government's ability to restrict certain rights.


And regarding weapon identification, its certainly not my specialty. If you asked me to identify a particular avant-garde filmmakers work based on aesthetic style, I could do that. But a gun? I just know they're fun to shoot!

I am also not well-educated regarding firearms identification. I identified the firearm by first noting the obvious bullpup design, subsequently conducting an image search using the term "bullpup" and locating an image of a named rifle of identical appearance as the one depicted in the inflammatory image that you have referenced.

www.mueblesennavarra.com said...

I believe one and all must glance at it.