Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Hope It's Warm Outside


It's nearly noon. I showered, sipped my first cup of coffee, and am leaving Hillary's to go too Barricuda's for more coffee and eggs. As we get ready to go, I'm centering myself, moving forward, and preparing to enjoy the day. The Senate is arguing over the economic stimulus package, Iraqis have finished at the polls, the U.S. military is leaving Iraq and entering an escallated era of occupation in Afghanistan. This morning, I'm happy, ready to ground myself in the movie I'm working on, the articles I'm writing, and the day-in-day-out work of programming TV. I hope it's warm outside, but even if not, I'm rekindling an inner warmth, a sense of joy and liberation, a desire to move beyond the chaos of the mundane towards the tranquility and possibility of radical renewal. I love so many people in the world and struggle to love so many others. I recommitt myself to try.

No comments: