Friday, February 20, 2009

Headed to the Annual Homelessness Marathon TV Broadcast


Gentle Readers--

Thanks for understanding the lag. I've come down with a nasty cold and have been in recovery. That being said, I've done my best to sleep it off and hell or high water I'm headed down to Pass Christian, Mississippi to shoot the annual Homelessness Marathon Radio Broadcast with Free Speech TV. The show will be available on our regular channel on Dish Network (9415) and live online (fingers crossed) at Free Speech TV Monday 7pm EST-10pm EST.

This annual broadcast is an incredible event that brings the voices of homeless folks, advocates, and activists to radio listeners and tv viewers across the nation and puts pressure on local and national politicians and business people trying to screw the poor.

Our crew will be arriving in Houston Texas this afternoon and driving to Pass Christian. Tomorrow we will be up early to start filming interviews with a variety of folks at advocacy groups and Jeremy Alderson, the coordinator of the event.

The week should be interesting. Check back here for travel updates, observations, and other tidbits. I'll post as I have access!

No comments: