Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Dawn of Denver

Happily, I'm back in Denver for awhile--beautiful, dry Denver. Coming back from all these travels, I feel its quite important to find whats beautiful in one's city--the people, the projects, the geography, the architechture, art, etc...So, that's what I'm wanting to do--come up with more ways of celebrating the beauty of what people here are doing--through video, art, etc...
So for starters, I want to brag about a little something we are doing tomorrow at Free Speech TV--We are shooting The Activist Studio episode about Counter-Recruitment and Anti-War activism featuring Jeff Englehart of Iraq Veterans Against the War and Jessi Quizar of American Friends Service Committee's Youth and Militarism Program.

Ashara Ekundayo, the show's host, will be digging into what exactly is going on in our city in terms of anti-war activism, organing soldiers, and students in high schools and beyond. I am particuarly excited because Jessi is my roommate and a badass organizer/activist. Jeff, someone I've know through Anti-DNC/RNC organizing for a few months now, is also qutie an inspiration. When he was a soldier he was an active blogger writing against the occupation of Iraq. So check it out at our website.
In the meantime, if you live in Denver, start thinking of badass projects and lets start finding some wasy to promote that stuff.

No comments: