Monday, February 26, 2007

Realizing the Impossible: Art Against Authority


Great news! Josh MacPhee and Erik Reuland's anthology Realizing the Impossible: Art Against Authority was just put out by AK Press. This incredible anthology addresses the relationship between aesthetics and politics in anti-authoritarian social movements. I'm really excited because they decided to publish my article "Beyond Authenticity: Aesthetic Strategies and Anarchist Media." This essay came out of a talk I gave at the Renewing the Anarchist Tradition Conference in 2006. The book also contains essays by some of my favorite people: Dara Greenwald, Brett Bloom, and Josh, Nato Thompson, Also articles by other people whose work I know an love! Alan Antliff, Erika Biddle, Cindy Milstein, and Nicholas Lampert! Happy Reading!

No comments: