Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Pledge Drive, Flat Tire, Chats With New Yorkers


So we are in the middle of our Winter Pledge Drive and I had the horror of watching myself on TV today trying to pitch a couple movies about media and raise funds to keep Free Speech TV afloat. It's true what they say, my head does bobble up and down and the way I raise it makes me look like a snob. Throughout the day, I worked on figuring out strategies for the Democratic National Convention and ways Free Speech TV can engage in innovative coverage. Also watching a movie about homeless veterans, one in particular. A gritty, grim film about resistance, organizing and the government's inability to take care of it's people

I spoke with my friends Flux, Gabe, and Chris, all in New York, all complaining about the bitter cold there. Everyone I know who has been in New York has been cold and miserable. Denver has warmed up and I've been riding my bike, happy not to deal with the ice and snow. I got a flat tire and ended up shutting down the office after I fixed it.

No comments: