Thursday, July 3, 2008

San Francisco Wedding


Having been gone from Denver for over a day and leaving some of the pre-DNC chaos behind has been good. I've reconnected with old friends and have eaten some amazing vegan food. I am in San Francisco to go to a wedding, which is something, I must admit, I rarely am willing to do. My friend Stacy is amazing, so of course, I am here.

While I'm thinking about marriage, a few years ago I signed onto something called the Beyond Marriage campaign which was an alternative framing to marriage issues that I found to be more inclusive than the mainstream "gay marriage" framework If you've not checked it out, you should.

Fortunately, I have every bit of faith that my friend Stacy and her partner Craig are amazing and if this is what floats their boat, well, all the Best Wishes in the world. Hillary and I are off to get some lunch before we head to the court--an institution I haven't been in since either I or friends have been arrested--and today we will enjoy the ceremony of state approved love.

No comments: