Monday, July 14, 2008

Hittin' My 30s and Lovin' Ya'll


I am in the last week of my 20s. 4 days to be precise. Thursday at 6 in the morning I will be 30 years old, will have completed my first feature film (I still have 3 days), and will have just returned from 2 weeks of travel in San Francisco and New York that were awe inspiring, productive, and incredibly rewarding.

So rather than my usual political rants and projects to feature, I want to put a shout out to all the incredible people whom I love and who have inspired me! Thanks for keeping me kicking for 3 decades and counting!

I always hoped the revolution would come when I was in my twenties. Well, liberation doesn't appear to be around the corner--rather preparation for untold economic and ecological destruction seems necessary. So for this reason, my 30s will be a time of health, joy, liberation, possibility, and skill learning so that when the shit hits the fan, I'll be ready to rumble with a good attitude.

Here's to possibility, getting older, and finding more amazing, romantic, loving people to accompany us through the struggles of our days!

Joy and Liberation! Pleasure, Revolt, Despair! Love, Autonomy, Possibility! Here come the 30s. Goodbye 20s.

2 comments:

spanks said...

it's the vegan diet, yes? you can't help but be freakin happy.

Fire Witch said...

Huzzah!, congrats, and a hearty pirates' welcome to the thirties!

Secure the lifelines and hold on - the next decade is guaranteed to be your wildest ride yet!