Sunday, August 17, 2008

Otto; Or, Up With Dead People


It's been a dreamy Denver weekend filled with lots of love, pleasure, and beautiful people behaving beautifully. My heart thumps warmly. Just what I needed before Democrats invade D-town, the police state bashes pretty people protesting, and pundits pontificate on the possibilities and failures of the 2 party system. Just what I needed before old friends come to town to protest, celebrate anarchic possibilities, joy, and liberation and strike out at the violence of dominant U.S. Politics.

All this being said, tonight, I went with Bart and Stephen to watch Bruce LaBruce's new melancholic gay zombie flick. Otto; Or, Up With Dead People My friend Keith Garcia at the Denver Film Society programmed the picture in his larger Zombie movie series. While I love LaBruce's other films, I think Otto may very well be the sweetest, most painful, and most compelling. Ah, the beauty of a good flick!

No comments: