Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fire Witch Rising


For you Denverites looking for some salty, witty feminist analysis of contemporary Denver politics check out Fire Witch Rising. Fire Witch, perhaps someone I know, hopefully someone I will know, was kind enough to cross-post "The Fist of A Ghost." Her tag-line Come At Me With Crapitalist White Male Supremacy And I'll Burn You cracked me up. One of my favorite articles is entitled "Chestbeating Quaker Bigot Barks: 'Not in My Town,'" about Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper's posturing to keep Denver "safe from gangs." Happy to see their are more blog bullets flying at the city of Denver than state bullets hitting citizens, I regretfully acknowledge we have a long summer ahead. With the DNC coming, helicopters flying over the city, homeless people being harassed by cops, and fascists attacking undocumented workers, I am glad to know that the radical political, cultural, and social life of Denver will be holding Hickenlooper, the Denver Police Department, and the Democratic and Republican political parties accountable for their nonsense policies, their violence against civic life, and their grotesque exploitation of resources on militarizing our city for the upcoming convention.


No comments: