Saturday, March 24, 2007

Elaine Brown: Presidential Candidate and Former Black Panther


This past week, I had the opportunity to work on a keynote with my friend Kevin of former Black Panther Party member and current Green Party Presidential Candidate Elaine Brown. I was blown away by the clarity and positive vision of politics she articulated. Her platform kicked ass. In our world of pathetic platforms committed to half-hearted solutions that benefit the rich over the poor, I am excited to hear about a candidate willing to fight for real funding for education, health, good food, and safety. I'm excited to hear from a candidate willing to acknowledge the holocausts perpetuated against Native and African people by Euro-Americans. Though I generally find electoral politics to be both a distraction and a waste of time, I am totally behind Elaine Brown's candidacy! Check her out! Oh, the Keynote will be playing on Free Speech TV at some point in the near future!

No comments: